5 Dog Friendly Destinations for the SummerThe Collection
- The cooling waters of Raquette River, Buttermilk Falls, Ausable Chasm, Rim Walk, You can’t take your pet with you on the tour of the Natural Stone Bridge and Caves in Pottersville, If hiking is your focus, the public lands administered by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) that are part of the six million-acre Adirondack Forest Preserve are pet friendly.
- 14 pet-friendly hotels and 11 eateries where doggies can do dinner at outdoor tables.
- The Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, Golden Gate Park and public transporation are all open to four-legged visitors. Your dog will get a kick out of seeing the sea lions off Pier 39, and you’ll be hard pressed to find a better souvenir than a photo of them riding a cable car.
4. Santa Moncia, CA: For dogs that like to hobnob with the rich and famous.
- Laurel Canyon Park is 3 tree lines acres in the Santa Monica Mountains where pooches mingle off-leash. There are 12 pet friendly hotels and 32 dog friendly restaurants. During July makes sure you check out all the fun at Pet Fest West, the popular local pet adoption festival.
5. Key West, FL: From outdoor dining and shopping districts to historical points and points of interest, there is much to see and do with your pooch. Dogs are even welcome in the popular Key West aquarium.
- Pets are welcome all over the island – from the shops, bars and restaurants on Duval Street, to the sunset celebration held every evening in Mallory Square, to the great off-leash dog park and nearby dog beach. There are 49 pet friendly hotels and 27 dog friendly restaurants.