5 Ways to Celebrate your Pet’s Gotcha Day
When you adopt a pet, you may not know their actual birthday, but you can celebrate their “Gotcha Day.”
A “Gotcha Day” is the anniversary of your pet’s adoption day and a great way to acknowledge all the love and joy your fur-kid has brought you and your family.
- Bring home a special treat. Stop in your local barkery and bring home your furkid’s favorite treat.
- Commission a Pet Portrait. You can commission a portrait of your cat or dog, or head to your local portrait studio for a picture to be taken of you together.
- Host a playdate. If your pet has a particular buddy (furry or human) they enjoy playing with, arrange for a playdate. If your dog needs more room to run, head to the local dog park for frolicking fun.
- Donate to a shelter or rescue where you adopted from, in your pet’s name. These donations are vital to a shelter or rescue and allow them to house and feed pets while they get ready for adoption. What a better way to help another family add a furkid.
- Spend time with your pet. There is nothing your pet loves more than getting to spend quality time with you. Take some time to do an activity your pet enjoys together.